Nominations can be made by any Canadian and it’s free to do so.
What’s the Prix Aurora Awards?
The Prix Aurora Awards are an annual contest to recognize the best in Canadian science fiction and fantasy writing, artwork and fandom. Past winners include Robert J. Sawyer, Peter Watts, Guy Gavriel Kay, my friend Hayden Trenholm and too many more to mention.
What Am I Hoping To Do?
I want to get on the ballot, which is an honour in itself. But that means I need a lot of nominations. Any Canadian can make a nomination. Even if you’re not a writer or don’t like sci-fi, you can help.
Why Should You Nominate Me?
You can read the story for free on the AE: The Canadian Science Fiction Review website. It’s short and worth your time (and received some decent reviews). If you enjoyed, please take a moment to nominate me.
Plus, this is a Canadian award—the story is set in Canada and published by a new Canadian online magazine.
Competition can be tight and sometimes a single vote can make a difference. So if you liked the story, please take a few minutes to go through the process and nominate the story along with other Canadian writers you’ve enjoyed during 2010. There’s no obligation after this. (It’s not like your committing to joining the Star Trek fan club.)
- Go to http://www.prixaurorawards.ca/Membership/new.php and fill out the form. Be sure to check the “By checking this box, you certify that you are a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident.” box.
- You will receive an email with a link to click on to activate your membership and your membership number.
- Click on the link and enter your information: the email address you used and membership number.
- Click on the link to submit nominations.
- Under “Best Short Fiction – English:”, please enter:
- Story Title: “Touch the Sky, They Say”
- Author’s Name: “Matt Moore”
- Book or Magazine: “AE: The Canadian Science Fiction Review”
- Fill in and nominate any other Canadian works you’ve read and enjoyed this year.
- Click the “Submit my Nominations” button.
If you have questions, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.