A quick note to let you know that voting in the Prix Aurora Awards has been extended on Monday, October 17 at midnight Pacific time (3AM Eastern time). It’s not too late to vote if you ran out of time.
My short story “Touch the Sky, They Say” has been nominated in the Best English Short Story category. Previous winners in this category include big names like Robert J. Sawyer and Peter Watts as well as my friends David Nickle, Douglas Smith and Hayden Trenholm.
This year, I have a number of friends who are also up for Auroras:
- Hayden Trenholm (“The Burden of Fire”) and Suzanne Church (“Destiny Lives in the Tattoo’s Needle”) are also nominated in the Best Short Story category
- Marie Bilodeau (Destiny’s Blood) and Hayden Trenholm (Stealing Home) are nominated for Best Novel
- Sandra Kasturi (“Let the Night In”) and Helen Marshall (“Waiting for the Harrowing”), fellow ChiZine Publications staff, for best poem
- Douglas Smith (for this short story collection Chimerascope), Diane Walton (for On Spec magazine) and Brett Alexander Savory (for co-editingTesseracts Fourteen) for Best English Related Work
- Erik Mohr for Best Artist
- Sandra and Helen for best Best Fan Organizational for the Toronto SpecFic Colloquium
I have posted all details on how to vote and copies of my story (including a PDF and MP3) or you can go to the Aurora site for full info.
Winner will be announced Sunday, November 20 at SFContario, a science fiction convention in Toronto from November 18–20. I will be there!
Also, I have received my schedule for SFContario and will be posting it soon.